Clinical Trials Assistant
The George' is 600+ people globally focused on improving the health of millions of people. A medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to find the best ways to prevent and treat chronic disease and injury, and to influence policy and practice worldwide.
We are seeking a self-motivated and energetic Clinical Trials Assistant to support the Senior Clinical Trials Assistant focussing on Stroke.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Track the progress of a clinical trial including patient recruitment, trial supplies and trial documentation
- Provide administrative support for designated clinical research personnel
- Process and track invoices and authorised clinical trial payments to selected vendors and investigational sites, accurately and in a timely manner
- Organise and schedule appointments/meetings, internally and externally, as necessary and prepare minutes of these meetings
- Assist in monitoring of timelines and resources
- Assist in pharmacovigilance activities such as collating & tracking Serious Adverse Events (SAEs) and reporting to investigators
Desired Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Tertiary qualification in a health or science discipline
- Relevant experience in a clinical research environment
- Basic knowledge of clinical trial processes and ICH/GCP guidelines desirable
- Strong general administration skills and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well and flexibly i.e. autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including 17.5% leave loading, salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.
We will be reviewing applications as we receive them but please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The George Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; people who identify as LGBTIQ; mature-aged adults and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.