Service Desk Analyst
- Full-time permanent position
- Work for a respected global organisation
The George is 600+ people globally focused on improving the health of millions of people. A medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to find the best ways to prevent and treat chronic disease and injury, and to influence policy and practice worldwide.
Effective use of information technology is key to the Institute's success and the productivity of staff. To support this, we are seeking an self-motivated Service Desk Analyst with a can-do attitude, to deliver a range of critical IT services, onsite at our new offices in Newtown as well as remotely.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Provide 1st and 2nd level IT support to staff, in alignment with all IT policies, standard operating procedures, work instructions and ITIL principles.
- Monitor assigned Service Desk ticket queues, take timely action to address requests and escalate where required to maintain adherence to SLAs.
- Own the customer relationship for assigned tickets, ensuring timely, clear, professional communications and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Maintain clear and accurate ticket notes, asset records and other documentation.
- Ad-hoc project work as required.
- Other accountabilities as agreed with Manager
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science or related field highly desirable
- 2 or more years' experience in the Information Technology Industry.
- Experience in Windows desktop administration, including Windows 10 and Microsoft Office.
- Good PC and laptop hardware skills, basic networking skills and knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and support skills, with the ability to communicate with staff at all levels of the organisation, and at varying levels of technical experience.
- Strong organisation, time management, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility to handle ambiguous conditions and changing priorities.
- ITIL and/or Microsoft Certification advantageous
APPLY NOW AS WE ARE REVIEWING APPLICATIONS AS THEY ARE RECEIVED.
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including 17.5% leave loading, salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.
The George Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; people who identify as LGBTIQ+; mature-aged adults and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds